Safer Skies Through Education
New Features on FAASafety.gov
Notice Number: NOTC4503
We are starting the new year with some nifty new features and improvements on FAASafety.gov. They will be available on Thursday, January 3, 2013.
More information is available in this descriptive document: https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2013/Jan/Auto_Register_and_Upgrades.pdf
One new feature is for non-registered users who attend safety seminars. If they do not have an account on FAASafety.gov, this new feature allows them to request that we create an account for them. We call it the "Auto Register" feature. After the account is created, the new user will receive an automated email with their log in information.
Also included in this release are a few other upgrades or improvements.
- Security Questions are now fully implemented; if you forget your email address or password, you can now log in using your name, certificate number, and security question answer (but only if your security questions are already set up!)
- You can search for an upcoming seminar by ZIP Code on the Home Page
- The Log In area is enlarged, making it easier to use
- The Email Address, Password, and Security Question page is easier to use
- We added additional explanatory text on many pages
- The new 2013 Core Course (Human Factors Primer for Aviation Mechanics, ALC-258) for the AMT Awards Program is available
- Some browser problems with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are fixed
Review all the upgrades in the document above, and then go to http://www.faasafety.gov/ for a rich experience with aviation safety resources!
Any questions or comments can be addressed to Support@FAASafety.gov.